Tuesday, September 30, 2008

You Can't Fight The Law...

You can't fight the law...

Copyright 2008 David Preston

I'm fortunate enough to be invited to many events as a speaker or as a guest of the promoter. So I get to attend a lot of events and network with a lot of great people. It always does my heart good to speak with other marketers and gurus who have been very successful since I last saw them.

They have been busy creating this or that and joint venturing with selected partners. I get to catch up and set up a few ventures of my own. :-)

There's also another side to events that really bothers me though. I notice a lot of the same faces at events who are not so fortunate. As they elbow their way through the crowd "just to say hello" to me I can feel the desperation in them.

As I talk to them I realize that they haven't made any progress at all since I last saw them. They tell all me about how they were barely able to afford the gas to get there, or they're so behind in their bills it was "stupid" to attend right now, and the complaints go on and on.

My heart goes out to them and I always try to give them some direction on how to finally get started on the right path. Then I realize that I had already given them the same instructions at the last event they attended! Some of them can actually tell me what I said to them before!? The reason they haven't made any progress finally hit me...

You can't fight the law!

The law I'm referring to is Sir Issac Newton's 3rd law. "For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction!"

If you really think about it, that law applies to the laws of attraction, physics, gravity and all that we perceive to be around us.

They are afraid of the REACTION. So they take NO ACTION!

They make every excuse in the world as to why they haven't started on that great idea they had since last year. The real dreamstealer for them though is Newton's 3rd law.

My guru friends understand that law and use it to their advantage. Every single one of them, including me, will take action on an idea or concept and deal with the reaction as it comes. We use the reaction to our advantage too. The reaction of our followers tells us what we need to do to the new product to make it better for those who spend their money with us.

Here are just a few examples. Willie Crawford tells you what to do on the cover of his best selling book, "Git Off The Porch...". Michael Penland named his incredible course, "Dare To Grow Rich". Alan Bechtold said "If you're not makin' mistakes, you're not doing anything!" and the list goes on and on. Do you see where I'm headed here?

We make mistakes and have frustrations too, just like you. The only difference between where you're at and where we are is that we understand the law.

You can't fight the law...


David Preston is an author, speaker, success coach and top rated small business consultant. His best selling products include: OfflineGoldmine InstantTopRanking TopSecretAudios and many others. He resides in coastal South Carolina with his wife Susan.

No comments: